Thursday, April 2, 2009

May I Introduce...



C & Moose

C, is my boyfriend and my best friend. He means the world to me.

I have chosen not to reveal his full name because he is a fairly private person. While I have made the choice to make my life open to the public, I will not make that choice for him.

My relationship with C is something that surprises me every day. We have been best friends since freshmen year of high school. We met in biology class, where we were lab partners. All thru high school he was my rock, my support system. C watched me date other guys, and was there for me when my heart was broken.

I fell in love with him a long time before I was willing to admit it to myself. I was in a serious relationship with someone else, who was not treating me how I deserved to be treated. Finally, I ended things with Mr. Wrong during the summer between my freshmen and sophomore years of college. It was finally the right time for C & I. Well, as right as times ever had been for us. I was working in Wisconsin for the summer as a camp counselor. So, we saw each other on weekends.

We decided to take things slow. Being as close as we were, there was no ‘getting to know each other’ phase for us. At the same time, we also didn’t want to rush into anything and mess up our friendship by taking things too fast; just for it to fall apart. That was really hard to do. The chemistry between us just became more apparent with every minute we spent together.

Our first kiss was the most amazing kiss of my life.

We have been dating for two and a half years now; the first year of which we spent apart. We have been through a lot. Everything we have experienced together has made our relationship stronger and helps us appreciate each day we spend together now.

~

Moose is the other love of my life. I call him ‘the little love of my life.’ He is my miniature dachshund. The picture of C & Moose napping together never fails to make me smile.

Moose is a 6 month old, black and tan, part wire-haired miniature dachshund. He is fiercely loyal, loving, happy, and extremely playful. He is also really protective of me; which is really cute to see, since he is so small.

Moose really likes loves C as well. Every time C comes over, it looks like Moose’s tail is going to fall off. He hops all over the place, throwing his little body at C’s knees. Trying to get as high as he possibly can until C finally picks him up so he can try to lick at C’s face. Haha.

The only other person Moose is happier to see come home then C, is me. When I get home, Moose runs laps around the house and then tackles me on the couch.

He’s my little Moose-Moose, FuzzyFace….

~

Who is your best friend/support system? Do you have any pets?

Glitter & Cupcakes,

Kat


No comments: